About Our Client
Catholics for Choice is a nonprofit organization that lifts up the voices of the majority of Catholics who believe in reproductive freedom.
We worked with Catholics for Choice on a complete redesign of Conscience, a magazine of religious and reproductive freedom founded in 1980. The 40-page full-color publication covers topics of reproductive rights, sexuality, religious liberty and health care.
The goal was to deliver a fresh and modern template that could:
- Appeal to and engage a younger audience without alienating the existing readership;
- Capture the energy, vibrancy and relevance of current work around reproductive rights;
- Speak to an interfaith audience (not just Catholics); and,
- Include stylesheets for easy maintenance by in-house staff moving forward.
This collaborative project included:
- An in-depth discovery process surveying the field and reviewing the trajectory of the publication over the last 40 years;
- Concept phase exploring cover concepts and styles for interior spreads;
- Custom cover and interior illustration; and,
- Delivery of fully styled InDesign template.