Design Action Collective is accepting applications for our summer internship program.
- Start date: TBD, End date: TBD
- Intern will come in once a week on Mondays from 9:30am-5:00pm and a couple Tuesday mornings to sit in on production meetings. (subject to change depending on Intern’s schedule)
- Design Action will invest time in training the intern on the design process and the pace of production.
- Design Action Internship Program Director, Sabiha Basrai will coordinate projects for intern so that he/she can learn and contribute to the shop as well
- This internship is unpaid
- Design Action hopes to continue an ongoing relationship with all our interns after the completion of their internship. But, there should be no specific hiring expectations. We require at least two years of professional work experience for Collective candidates.
Examples of Internship projects at Design Action:
- Review client creative briefs and contribute design concepts during the early stages of a project
- Discuss client feedback on designs with Design Action Members and work on revisions
- Complete multi-page production work based on existing template design
- Assist in image research for editorial projects
Please submit your resume and a few samples of your work along with brief responses to the following questions:
Submit applications to Internship Program Director Sabiha Basrai.
1. Political Experience and Judgement
- Do you agree with our Points of Unity?
- How do you relate to the Movement for social change?
- What organizations/issues are you most familiar with?
- What sorts of activism have you been involved in?
2. Skills: Print Production
- Have you worked on multi page layout projects? Are you comfortable with layout software? We use InDesign and Quark.
- What types of print projects are you most interested in? (posters, brochures, books?)
3. Skills: Web
- What is your skill level (design, coding, development, flash)?
4. Skills: Computer and Design
- What applications do you use the most?
- What is your strongest design skill?
- What specific skills would you like Design Action to help you build?
5. Time commitment
- Design Action normally has an intern come in once a week, but we are able to accommodate individuals’ schedules and availability. What would be your ideal time commitment for this internship?
- Since this is an unpaid internship, will your school offer course credit? If so, what requirements exist?